SportsTrending

T20 World Cup 2024 Prize Money: Here’s How Much India, South Africa, And Other Teams Earned

T20 World Cup 2024 Prize Moneyvia
881Views

Virat Kohli‘s cleverness and Rohit Sharma’s inspiring leadership ended India’s agonizing 11-year wait for a world championship as the squad defeated South Africa by seven runs in the final to win its second T20 World Cup trophy on Saturday. At Kensington Oval in Barbados, captain Rohit Sharma won the toss and chose to bat first, and India scored 176 for 7 in 20 overs. South Africa was limited to 169/8 in response. This victory brought great pride along with the greatest prize money in the T20 World Cup. Continue reading to know more about the prize money for the T20 World Cup.

India’s Prize Money

T20 World Cup 2024 Winner Team India
X/BCCI

The International Cricket Council (ICC) awarded $2.45 million (around INR 20.42 crore) to Team India, the winners of the T20 World Cup 2024.

Runners-Up’s Prize Money

South Africa T20 World Cup 2024 Earning
via

South Africa, which lost the top match by a slim margin, received $1.28 million (about INR 10.67 crore).

T20 World Cup Prize Money For Semifinalist

Afghanistan vs Bangladesh T20 World Cup 2024
via

England and Afghanistan received $787,500 apiece (about INR 6.56 crore) after losing to South Africa and India in the semi-finals of the competition.

Total Money Allotted By ICC

The T20 World Cup 2024 has been allocated a total of $11.25 million, or Rs. 93.80 crore, by the ICC. Teams that advanced through the Round of 16 were awarded $382,500 (about Rs. 3.18 crore) apiece, while those that placed ninth through twelfth received $247,500 (about Rs. 2.06 crore) each. $225,000 (about Rs. 1.87 crore) was given to the other teams. In addition, every winning team—aside from the the semifinals and final—received $31,154 (about Rs. 26 lakh) from ICC for each victory.

Individual Prize Money

In addition, Virat Kohli won $5000 (416821.75 INR) for being the player of the match in the championship game. While Jasprit Bumrah received a monetary reward of $15,000 (1250465.25 INR)  for winning the Player of the Tournament award.

Record Set By The Men In Blue

Along with the West Indies and England, who have also won this competition twice, India now has two T20 World Cup championships to their record. In addition, Rohit Sharma made history by being the first captain to lead his side to an undefeated T20 World Cup and by amassing 50 T20I victories.

Virat Kohli Rohit Sharma’s Retirement

After the match, both Rohit and Virat Kohli declared their retirements, although the former made it obvious he would still play in ODIs and Tests. India wasn’t ready for this shocking news.

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | X |

Youtube | Pinterest | Google News |

Entertales is on YouTube; click here to subscribe for the latest videos and updates.

Kavya Bisht
the authorKavya Bisht
I am a young aspiring writer currently exploring my versions at DU. Debating, manipulation, logic and communication are what excite me. Speaking facts with the correct words and manipulation is a skill, not very common, that can be found in me. The strengths I hold say a lot about me. 'Bibliophile' would be a good term to describe me.